Stay in touch with all the events and entertainment Varsity Lakes has to offer.
Varsity Lakes is home to many Sporting Clubs and Community Groups. New members are always encouraged.
Hold your next meeting, conference or workshop at one of Sports House’s specially designed spaces.
Varsity Lakes Community Limited (VLCL) is a community based not for profit organisation established in 2006. It is dedicated to ensuring community prosperity through a Board of Directors with representation from key community stakeholder groups.
The objectives of VLCL are to;
• Engage the community in connection with the operation of Sports House
• Provide support in local community events and activities
• Support local water sports and recreational clubs
• Connect Sports House to the wider community and the business hub of Varsity Lakes
• Liaise with all members of the community, community groups, State and Federal Governments and local council to ensure positive community outcomes.
An integral role of VLCL is to manage Sports House and to oversee and run the facility. VLCL also organise a number of key community events that aim to promote social, business, environmental, economic and physical wellbeing for the Varsity Lakes community.
Sports House at Varsity Lakes is a state-of-the-art community, sports and recreational facility that is an initiative of Lend Lease, Varsity Lakes Community Limited delivered in partnership with Gold Coast City Council.
The innovative and unique facility was presented to the community in October 2011 for the benefit of all residents of Varsity Lakes. It has been developed to encourage increased participation in sport and recreation on the Gold Coast.
Sports House is an innovative community hub that includes:
• Water Sports and Active Recreation
• Fully Equipped Meeting Spaces for Seminars and Workshops for all Groups from Corporate to Community
• Indoor Recreation Space for Group Fitness and Recreation
• Specialised Commercial Office Space Available for Sports Administration
Sports House is owned by the Gold Coast City Council and managed by Varsity Lakes Community Limited.
Nic Rone Steve Simpson Chris Barnes
Director / Secretary Director / Chairman Director
& General Manager
Fabian Restaino Justin Reid Donna Kelly
Director Director Sports House Administration